FFF: Blue Smokey look

Friday 30 November 2012

Hey guys!
I know it's been a while but I've finally had some time to sit down and do a makeup tutorial before I go on holiday on the 8th of December; and not only that I filmed it too *gasp*
I thought I'd try it out but in all honesty it seems sooo long to: get the stuff together in one place, get decent lighting, film it properly (and talk coherently), edit it, then save it, then upload it to YouTube... Hats off to you YouTube tutorial bloggers, I seriously don't know how you do it! 

Anyway, I chose to do this look as the Urban Decay Vice Palette was recently released and a few people were asking me how I'd use the bright blue colour (Chaos). So I thought I'd do a blue smokey look with this colour and see how it goes.. hope you like!


Products used:
Eyes:
> UDPP
> NYX JEP in Milk
> UD Vice Palette: Chaos, Laced, Provocateur
> UD Naked Palette: Naked
> UD single eyeshadow: Goddess
> NYC black liquid liner 
> UD 24/7 eyeliner pencils in Perversion & LSD
> UD Heavy Metal glitter liner in Spandex
> MAC Splashproof mascara
> Daniel Sandler Jumbo Jet mascara
> Khuraira ACC in Light
Face:
> UD Surreal Skin Cream to Powder foundation - Supernova
> UD Razorsharp powder
> UD Toasted Bronzer
> Kiko Warm Tangerine Glow blush palette
> Elf cream liner in black (eyebrows)  
Lips:
> Sabaya lip pencil in 08 (pink) [from Dubai]
> MAC lipstick in Watch Me Simmer

After priming the eye with UDPP & NYX JEP in Milk I applied Chaos to the eyelid, followed by Goddess in the outer corner/crease, blending upwards slightly and into the inner corner of the eye. Naked was used just slightly above this, followed by Laced on the inner corner, but above Chaos. I used Provocateur on the brow bone, blending down into Naked and also used on the inner corner of the eye.
UD 24/7 Perversion eye pencil was used to line the inner eye, whilst NYC liquid liner was used for the top liner. LSD was used on the lower lashline too, connecting with the black liquid liner. To finish off the eye I used MAC Splashproof mascara and Daniel Sandler mascara for more dramatic lashes, then UD Heavy Metal eyeliner in Spandex underneath the liquid liner flick on the outer corner.
I filled in the brows with Elf cream liner in black (lightly!) and concealed under the eyes to finish:
I used UD Cream to Powder foundation in Supernova, then the Razorsharp powder and Toasted bronzer in the hollows of the cheeks; I then used a warm coral/tangerine colour on the cheeks and a highlighter from the Kiko Warm Tangerine glow palette. On the lips I used Sabaya lip pencil in 08 and MAC Watch Me Simmer lipstick:
And there you have it! 

I've also done a video tutorial on this makeup look (eek!!), it's my first video so there's a lot of umm-ing and ahh-ing and I'm totally not used to being and seeing myself on camera so I don't know if it's good enough! The lighting is awful coz it's just grey these days and there's barely any time to do tutorials in daylight hours; I did try to make it as short as possible too, hope you like it and find it easy to follow anyway!


What's your favourite colour from the Vice palette? Would you wear this look?

 

5 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO PRETTY :) WITH EVERY MAKEUP YOU DO :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hope you liked the video too! <3 x

      Delete
  2. This video could have been awesome if u would see your whole face. Otherwise your make up is fab:-))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kata =)

      Yeah I realised after I shot the video but also thought it would help see where I'm putting eyeshadow =S I'll get it right one day! =D x

      Delete
  3. I love Mikyajy stuff and this lip shade is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)