Tuesday Takeover: MakeupAtoZ

Tuesday 2 April 2013

This second instalment of Tuesday Takeover will be by Tanzina of Makeup A to Z (or atoz lol).
I recently have been teaching her my makeup techniques and we decided to do this look I had done on a previous client:
I went through what was used and where and she followed my instructions and copied the look perfectly!
So without further ado, here's her post:

Hi lovelies! 
Quick introduction, my name is Tanzina and I write over at Makeup A to Z, (that’s Makeup Ai Too Zed and not ahtoz like Safiyah first thought it was!) I’m a beauty blogger which a penchant for all things beauty related but I haven’t really been brave enough to do makeup looks over at my blog. I’ve always played around with makeup, created some hits and some huge misses when playing around and recently Safiyah has taken me under her wings and made me her little pet project. She’s been brushing up my makeup skills, and I’ve earned the title of Frootibeauty’s very first apprentice! 

In one of our makeup workshops/ slash /my shisha fixes/ slash /girly chat dates, I managed to create a look inspired by our very own Frooti/s clients and I thought as part of the second Tuesday Take Over, I would attempt my very first makeup look posts! I hope you enjoy the post, and I’m able to do half as good as Safiyah when it comes to explaining!
Products Used:

Eyes:
>UDPP
>NYX Jumbo Pencil: Milk
>Models Own White Pearl Pigment
>La Femme E/Shadow: Gold Leaf
>Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Palette: Adore
>Urban Decay Smoked Palette: Freestyle
>Urban Decay Pencil Liners: Dime & Deviant & Perversion
>Urban Decay Liquid Liner: Perversion
>MAC Eyeshadow: Carbon
>False Lashes: Let’s Go Lashes (number unsure)
>Japonesque Brow Palette

Face:
>Urban Decay Concealer Pencil: ATF
>Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Foundation: 4WN1
>Ben Nye Banana Powder
>Sleek Medium Face Form
>Urban Decay Flushed palette

Lips:
>MAC Lip Pencil: Embrace Me
>MAC Lipstick: Girl About Town

I arrived at Safiyah’s place with my brows already done using the Japonesque Brow Kit, I’m okay with going out the house without makeup but I find just going the extra step and making the brows tidy really makes a huge difference. To create the look, I applied UDPP and NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil to create the base. I applied La Femme Gold Leaf all over the eye lid up to the crease. This is such a unique olive gold colour, it’s gorgeous. I then applied Model’s Own Pearl pigment in the inner corner of my eyes to highlight it. I applied UD Adore to the crease and blended upwards and also bought it out like a V shape on the outer corners (Saf is so much better at explaining blending techniques, I’m not going to even try!). Later on I went and added a tiny bit of MAC Carbon which is a matte black to the crease just to add a little bit more definition to the socket line. I blended the blue out with UD Freestyle and also used that to highlight my brow bone. I added more Models Own Pearl to the inner corner and UD Pencil in Dime to the bottom lash line, still focusing in the corner. I added UD Pencil in Deviant, a pop of blue, to the outer half of the bottom lash line and set it with UD Adore shadow. I then lined the waterline with UD pencil in Perversion and liquid lined the eyes in liquid Perversion. After using mascara I popped on some lashes, and that’s the eyes done!


For face, the first thing I started with was the UD Concealer Pencil in ATF, and cleaned up under the eyes and helped make the outer shadow line more straight and tidy. I then applied it under my eyes because unfortunately nothing I do seems to help get rid of these stupid dark circles. I then applied my base, the Estee Lauder foundation, and set it all with Ben Nye Banana Powder. I contoured my cheek with the Sleek Face Form and also highlighted using the same palette. For blush, I used the UD Flushed palette which has a really pretty pink shade in it!
For lips, it’s a super easy recipe. I lined my lips using MAC Pencil in Embrace Me, which is a gorgeous shocking pink lip liner. I think its limited edition but fingers crossed it still should be in stores as I only bought it last month. I then applied my favourite pink, MAC Girl About Town. And we are done with the look!

I know my pictures aren’t as helpful, I don’t really have as many eye close up as Safiyah but I’m learning! Hopefully next time round they’ll be better, this time I had a few problems with focusing and only realised until I had taken all my makeup off. Sucks! 

I hope you enjoyed reading today’s post and the takeover was successful. If you haven’t had a look at my blog before I would love it if you have peek and I’m also over on Bloglovin (link) Facebook (link) twitter (link) and all that good stuff. I leave you with a super cheesy picture of me smiling, believe me when I say I saved you from seeing the worst! Saf knows what I’m talking about. 

Take care lovelies :) Tanzina x


Lol I do know what you're talking about Tanzina, and it's really not that bad haha ;)

Hope you enjoyed Tanzina's post, please feel free to email me if you'd like to do any Tuesday Takeover posts yourselves, I'd like to keep this feature regular!

 

11 comments:

  1. U looked SO gorgeous hun <3 Loved the eye makeup <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? She did a great job <3

      Delete
  2. Love it! Well done, Tanzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this look done something v similar to a recent wedding x

    Shana
    xbeautybeatsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this look too! Would love to see your take on it <3 x

      Delete
  4. Love this - its AMAZING!! As soon as I saw it on your Instagram I was in love! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Tanzina did an amazing job =D xxx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous make-up. I'm hopeless but will certainly have a go at trying to achieve something like this.
    Jackie @ Minerva Collection Handbags & Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your take on it anyway, I'm sure you'd be fine =) x

      Delete
  6. Tanzina did a great job - looks just like yours!! X

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)