Holiday 2013 Products and Sets - FrootiBeauty's Picks

Sunday 1 December 2013

Seeing as it's the 1st of December, I figured it would be helpful to write a post on gift ideas for those of you struggling to find ideas this year.. not that it's needed though as it seems every brand has gone all out this year with their holiday sets and palettes!

(Note: very long post and fairly picture heavy! I was going to split this post but decided against it as I felt it's better all in one post.. feel free to skim read/skip to brands you're interested in!)

I've been feeling seriously overwhelmed by the different brands' products this Christmas 2013; if you're not busy buying a gift for someone, you may as well fling your wallets and cash at these brands and keep the products for yourselves! Not to mention a lot are limited edition which means you have to buy it.. right there and then.

The ones I have managed to get my hands on have been so gorgeous I've barely wanted to touch them; you'd think owning the amount of makeup I do, I wouldn't want any more, but then another brand will release and show off their new set or product and there goes my eyes again, wanting what I know I shouldn't.

I've updated my wishlist on the blog (above tab) and will leave them there in the hope I'm gifted them and I can stop spending money I should be saving!

Anyway, I've picked my favourite brands' Holiday sets and products that have caught my eye so far, some of the products that I do have I'll be posting reviews and swatches of as much as possible, so keep an eye out over the coming weeks!

Urban Decay
Of course, following my last couple posts, you'll know that 
a) I have a certain closeness to this brand and 
b) the Naked 3 palette will be released this month (review here and makeup look here), which will undoubtedly sell out.

If however you are looking for other more colourful and special products and ideas, the products that I recommend (and couldn't resist!) include the Vice 2 palette (limited edition), the Stockpile lip set (limited edition) and the Shattered palette.
Vice 2 Palette:

The Vice 1 was released last year and once sold out proved hard to get hold of as it was limited edition, just like this years Vice 2 Palette; so it makes a great unique gift if looking for something that's not available at all times. With 20 new eyeshadow shades that vary from brights to neutrals, mattes to shimmers and of course some smokey colours included the Vice 2 makes a great value gift for £42!
Available at the following retailers (whilst stocks last!): Debenhams, House of Fraser, LookFantastic and HQhair
 
The Stockpile:
I wasn't going to suggest this beauty of a product for the ultimate lip fan in this post as it is sold out online at the time of writing this, however after posting the picture on Instagram I've had a lot of interest and thought I'd post a review later with swatches anyway as the lip products are available to buy individually.
The Stockpile lip set (£140) hasn't been advertised widely at all, in fact I stumbled across it by chance whilst shopping in House Of Fraser a few weeks back and had to buy it. As far as I know, it is only available at House Of Fraser.
The store I bought my set from (Oxford Street, London) has also sold out as far as I know but if you were to phone House Of Fraser directly you may be able to find the set. 

Shattered Palette:
As reviewed earlier on the blog (click here for full review with swatches), I think this limited edition palette would make a great gift as it encompasses products for the eyes, lips and face, but the set can also make a perfect gift for a frequent traveller or those that like to carry multitasking products with them at all times. 
Priced at £30, the palette can be bought at the following retailers:
Debenhams, House Of Fraser, HQhair and Look Fantastic.


Illamasqua
As another brand close to my heart, Illamasqua have released some gorgeous single Christmas products and the lovely Perfect Pout Lipstick Set with 6 lipsticks for only £60, which is a great gift for lipstick lovers!

Fatale Palette & Sculpting Powder Duo:
The two key products that have caught my eye from the Christmas collection have to be the Fatale Palette and the Sculpting Powder Duo:
Sculpting Powder Duo and Fatale Palette with Intense Lipgloss in Maiden and Nail Varnish in Blizzard
The Sculpting Powder Duo (£26) would be great for those who are in love with contouring products, particularly for fairer skintones.
The Fatale Palette (£34) is a gorgeous quad of powder eyeshadows with festive colours including gold and cranberry; they can be worn separately or beautifully together for a lovely festive look!
All Illamasqua products are available to buy instore or online at Illamasqua or Debenhams.


Kiko Cosmetics/ Kiko Milano
Kiko is a more affordable alternative colour cosmetic brand but with great quality too.

Evolution Must Have Eyeshadow Palette:
My pick would have to be the Evolution Must Have Eyeshadow Palette which features a range of 16 eyeshadows in various colours and finishes:
At £34.90, the palette can be bought online or at Kiko Stores in Westfield Stratford, White City or the new store on Regent Street. You can read the full review with swatches (here).


Too Faced 
Too Faced are a brand I've dipped into a fair few times and loved the quality of every time. They remind me strongly of my beloved favourite brand Urban Decay, but in a daintier way (aside from the products' raunchy names at times!).

Return Of Sexy Eye Collection Palette
My favourite all time product of Too Faced has to be the Return Of Sexy Eye Collection palette (£38.50) which includes 15 gorgeous glitzy eyeshadows and a full size black waterproof pencil. 
I've used this palette on my brides (see here for a bride I've used this palette on) and also on myself, the shades are gorgeous!
Available to buy at: Boots, Debenhams and LookFantastic.

Pop-Out Makeup Palette and Phone Case
If you wanted a lovely stocking filler gift and know someone who is obsessed with their iPhone as well as makeup, you may want to buy the Pop-Out Makeup Palette and Phone Case from the new Jingle All The Way holiday collection:
The palette is ideal again for travelling as it holds 11 eyeshadows, a bronzer and a blush in a handy slim palette that pops out from a gorgeous iPhone 5 case; how cute!
I would also recommend looking at the rest of the Too Faced holiday collections/sets as they make great gifts for those who love girly looking fantastic quality products.. I sure would add some more sets to my gift list!
Priced at £20 the Pop Out Makeup Palette is available to buy at Boots and Debenhams


MAC
This year's holiday collection from MAC did kind of blow me away. I fell in love with the luxurious black and gold theme and caved when I walked into my local MAC store when the collection was released.
My picks have to be the following:
The Divine Night lipsticks:
The Nocturnals pigment sets:

The Stroke Of Midnight Eye Bag sets:
The lipsticks are priced at £16.50 each, the Pigment Sets are £25.50 each and the Eye Bags are priced at £39.50 each.
Available at MAC Cosmetics, Debenhams, House Of Fraser and Selfridges whilst stocks last.

Hope you've found this post informative, these are just my picks of the collections I've seen so far, I'll be sure to post some more festive suggestions when I come across them!

Which holiday products or collections have caught your eye this year? And which are on your wishlist?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)