Tuesday Takeover: Mohima Farchu

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Hello my Frooti Beauties! 
This weeks Tuesday Takeover is from Mohima who I discovered through Instagram with her stunning looks and honest reviews.
I hope you guys enjoy her review today, don't forget to follow her on Instagram and Facebook!


Illamasqua Gel Colour - Fluster

Hi Guys! Thanks to Safiyah for letting me do the Tuesday Takeover blog post. I love a good natter about all things makeup so I'm going to get stuck in straight away!
Today I'll be reviewing Illamasqua's new Gel Colour cheek tint. These come in stick form and provide an instant flush of colour to your complexion.
Now let me just take a moment to tell you that I love Illamasqua. Anyone who follows me on social media knows I harp on about them all day, everyday. They always think outside the box and keep it interesting. When I saw this product launch I wanted it immediately!

The Gel Colours include two shades, Charm (Apricot) & Fluster (Pink). I will be reviewing the latter. There is also a contour colour, referred to as Gel Sculpt, in the shade Silhouette.


When I received the product via post I was already flapping because the packaging is so cute. It's compact and fits in the palm of your hand. It has a sturdy plastic casing with 'Illamasqua' printed across the lid.
I also appreciate that the product label on the bottom matches the actual product shade! For makeup lovers or my fellow MUAs, this is really handy when picking it out of your makeup collection/kit.


When you pop off the lid there is a smaller clear lid that covers the twist up, this keeps the gel from drying out. So make sure you don't accidentally throw that out.


Onto the formula! When applying, it gives a cooling sensation and feels almost a tad wet but it dries to a satin/skin finish. It blends effortlessly and is extremely smooth. It also features a delicate floral scent, though it isn't noticeable when you wear it.
The shade 'Fluster' looks like a rich raspberry pink tone in the tube, but it actually translates as a delicate pink (which is what the shade is described as by Illamasqua). I think the name and description fits this product perfectly!

Due to the sheer colour payoff, it will translate differently depending on your skin tone and note, this shows up really well across the board! I love this for deep skins in particular because it looks more intense but still natural.
For your benefit I decided to pin down my little brother and swatch this on his arm (for reference, he would be a MAC NW45). He is still suffering the trauma from his early years where I convinced him that blue eyeshadow is for boys. I followed through and managed to do a bright blue look, lashes and liner included lol.


I have also swatched this on my own arm and my skin tone is MAC NC35 - uh excuse the hairs coming through on my arm!

I think this is very easy to apply either with fingers where you tap it on or with a brush. It's quite sheer but buildable and doesn't get patchy. Personally, I love this for a fresh face/no makeup look and I found that my Real Techniques blush brush applied this perfectly. It didn't cling to dry patches nor did it highlight pores.
 

At £22 I was initially quite dubious, would it live up to the price? After a one week test run, I think it does. It lasted a good 5 hours on the skin with nothing underneath and longer over foundation and/or layered with a powder blush. 

With regards to the other shades, I will be purchasing the contour colour in Silhouette! It's such a great alternative to using heavy contour products and would make contouring a breeze for everyday looks. If you are a beginner or want a sheer and slightly buildable coverage, I highly recommend these products! 

If you are still in doubt, Illamasqua's YouTube account has a video to demonstrate the products and their unique application technique. 

Hope you enjoyed this blog post! Have you tried this product? Leave your thoughts in the comments section!

Mohima

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog through a retweet by Illamasqua - already in love! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)