Sunday Swatches: Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipsticks

Sunday 18 October 2015

Hello my beauts!

After my last post regarding The Swatch Gallery Project, I thought I'd follow up with a swatch post of my own with the relatively new Urban Decay Matte Revolution lipsticks.

If you remember my post with the non-matte Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks, you'll know I rated them with a FrootiFactor of 5 because they reminded me of the YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks and were insanely pigmented.

I have to say these Matte Revolution lipsticks are just as impressive as the original Revolution lipsticks. I'll be showing the lipsticks swatches and comparing them to the original Revolution lipsticks in this post.


Swatches:
top: without flash, bottom: with flash
Here's a collage of all four lippies (taken on my iPhone, so excuse the quality!):

Original vs Matte Revolution:

Packaging: the outer packaging for the Matte Revolution lipsticks is black metal effect compared to the gunmetal grey metal effect with the originals.
Colour & Pigmentation: Matte Revolution lipsticks are Insanely pigmented as with the original Revolution lipsticks. I only had to swipe once in the swatches above, straight from the fresh lipsticks too (means the lipsticks didn't need warming up).
Texture: I was quite surprised to find these lippies really creamy and non drying whatsoever. I wouldn't quite say these are as matte as say a MAC matte finish lipstick, but more a Satin finish. 
Longevity: I'd say these last about the same as their original counterparts; due to the non drying texture, I found these didn't stain the lips or stick to them as a drying matte finish would.
Price: These are priced the same as the original Revolution lipsticks (£15.50).

FrootiFactor: I have to say I do love these lippies but was kind of hoping for a more drier texture, even though I quite liked that they were comfortable on the lips. Blackmail seemed a bit patchier than the others. Menace had the driest texture and felt it would last longer. Aside from this, I'd still give the lippies a 4.5 out of 5 because of the super high pigmentation <3

Urban Decay Matte Revolution lipsticks are available to buy at Debenhams, House Of Fraser, and John Lewis.  

Do you own any Urban Decay lipsticks? 
Which of these shades would you wear?
                 post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)