Sunday Swatches: NYX Lid Lingerie Review

Sunday 22 January 2017

Following on from my last post, I thought it would be fitting to post the review and swatches of the NYX Lid Lingeries I recently received.

As my NYX Lip Lingerie post holds the most popular spot on my blog, I figured there's a huge interest in NYX as it's an affordable "drugstore" makeup brand and these Lid Lingeries looked like an interesting addition to the "Lingerie" division of NYX, so I knew I had to try them.

Again, as with the Lip Lingeries, there's no decent swatches available on the Boots UK site to purchase these, so it's well worth reading on for my swatches and full review!
top: natural light; bottom: with flash
Packaging: Again, the packaging is in a handy clear plastic tube with a wand to apply the product with. When I first saw these, I did think they were fake Lip Lingeries (because of the word "Lingerie" being in a different font), but on closer inspection I realised they were indeed real and for eyelids haha.

Colour & Pigmentation: The pigmentation is allllll there as it's basically like a creamy eyeshadow. They are all shimmery/pearl finish eyeshadows, so best used directly applied to the lid and in my personal opinion blended with the fingers or a synthetic brush.
Shades above as described by NYX website:

Rose Pearl: rose shimmer
Bronze Mirage: bronze shimmer 
Sweet Cloud: champagne shimmer
New Romance: copper shimmer
Whimsy: pink shimmer
Evening Spell: burgundy shimmer

Bronze Mirage is slightly duller than the others in real life (not as shiny), however I love the antique-y gold hue it is. 
Sweet Cloud and New Romance look almost identical in the tube, but on swatching, Sweet Cloud has flecks of subtle silver glitter and New Romance is a slightly darker and pinker hue.

My favourites are Sweet CloudBronze Mirage and Evening Spell.

There are 12 shades of Lid Lingerie in total, mostly nude shades but with two silver shades and a random greeny-jade colour thrown in lol.

FinishAside from the pearl finish, the shadows do dry down and stay true to colour. 

Scent: No scent

Longevity: Once they have dried I wouldn't say they are smudge proof as they can still be blended somewhat if rubbed, but most of the product stays in its place.

Price: £6.00 here.

Overall rating
I feel like eye tints and generally using products with our fingers are going to be the thing of 2017 (but I could be wrong!); these Lid Lingeries feel slightly cooling on the eyes which I like, and are fairly easy to apply with the wand; aside from not liking getting my fingers messy, I quite like these and feel like they would help make an eyeshadow pop if used underneath as a base/primer.
I like the shades in the range and hope they release non shimmer versions too soon like Armani!
I give these a 4:
And in case you missed my last post, here's a look I created with Evening Spell (and the ABH Modern Renaissance palette):
shop this post:


Have you tried the NYX Lid Lingeries? Which is your favourite?       
                post signature

3 comments:

  1. These look interesting! Need to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, there's quite a few liquid-y eye shadows out at the mo, seems to be having a comeback 😅

      Delete
  2. This bra size measurement tool estimates bra size based on bust size, frame size, and commonly used measurement standards.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)